Last updated on 9th September 2020
1.1. You are registering at the Sportradar Group Workday career website in order to apply for a job at Sportradar Group. Sportradar Holding AG and all its affiliates and subsidiaries (together referred to as ″Sportradar Group″, “we,” “us,” or the “Company”) respect your privacy and personal data. Please read through this Privacy Notice for recruitment (hereinafter referred to as “Notice”) to learn about the collection and processing of your personal data. This Notice explains how we process your personal data when you submit your documentation to our Human Resources personnel during the recruitment process for the job position you have applied. Personal data means any information which allows Sportradar Group to directly or indirectly identify you.
1.2. This Notice applies where Sportradar Group acts as a controller of the personal data being collected by us during the recruitment process. This means that this Notice applies where Sportradar Group determines the purposes and means of the processing of the personal data.
1.3. The personal data collected and processed by Sportradar Group during the recruitment process will be processed in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as the “GDPR”) and with any other applicable laws and regulations in the locations we operate.
1.4. We strongly encourage you to take some time to read this Notice in full. If you do not agree to this Notice, we kindly request you not to provide us with your personal data. Please note that declining to provide Sportradar Group with your personal data to our Human Resources personnel may result in the altogether halting of the recruitment process.
2. Who is Sportradar Group?
2.1. The Sportradar Group is a truly international organization, employing over 1,900 people in more than 30 locations around the world. Our rapid growth is driven by technological innovation and a deep understanding of our clients’ business needs. It is our commitment to excellent service, quality and reliability that makes us the trusted partner of more than 1,000 companies in over 80 countries. We occupy a unique position at the intersection of the sports, media and betting industries.
2.2. When this Notice mentions “Sportradar Group,” “we,” “us,” or the “Company,” it refers to the controller of your personal data under this Notice, with which you had, have or will have a business relationship or that otherwise decides which of your personal data is collected and how it is used.
2.3. You may obtain a list of the Sportradar Group affiliates and subsidiaries by contacting the Sportradar Group Privacy Office at [email protected].
3. What Personal Data Do We Collect?
3.1. During the recruitment process, our Human Recourses personnel may collect, process and store following categories of personal data:
• personal data you have provided to us in your CV and/or in your cover letter;
• personal data you have provided to us via our application form, e.g. full name, email address, phone number, address, how you heard about us and where you saw the opportunity, notice period, legal status, desired annual salary;
• personal data from publicly available sources, e.g. LinkedIn;
• any personal data about you provided to us by your referees;
• any personal data provided to us by you during interviews at our premises and/or via Skype, Zoom, etc.;
• if successful, any personal data necessary to create a contract of employment, e.g. bank account number, social security number, excerpt from criminal register.
3.2. When providing us with your personal data, Sportradar Group kindly request you to refrain from supplying us with any additional unsolicited personal data, in particular we request you to refrain from supplying us with personal data relating to:
• your racial and ethnic origin, and/or;
• your political opinions, and/or;
• your religious and philosophical beliefs, and/or;
• your trade union membership, and/or;
• data concerning your health, and/or;
• data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation.
Sportradar Group does not seek to obtain and will not collect and process such data about you unless permitted and/or required under the applicable laws and regulations in the locations we operate.
3.3. Sportradar Group collects personal data about you from the following sources:
• you, the applicant;
• from your referees;
• third parties, e.g. recruitment agencies or background checks providers;
• publicly available sources, e.g. LinkedIn.
The cookies and the information in them include the language/locale code for the language selected by the user, the browser and operating system information, the time zone of the user accessing the page, whether a session is a shared session, the server ID for the particular session for purposes of distributing traffic amongst servers.
Types of cookies we place on your devices when visiting our Workday career include:
• Necessary cookies are essential for enabling your movement around our Workday career website and ensuring that our Workday career website functions properly. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.
• Analytics cookies helps us to analyze how people interact with our Workday career website in order to continuously improve it. This is done anonymously.
4. How We Process Your Data?
4.1. For What Purposes Do We Process Your Personal Data?
We may process your personal data for the following purposes:
• for recruitment purpose (to find and hire the best candidate for a job opening);
• to administer and to generally conduct business within the Company;
• to survey on candidate experience;
• for recruitment marketing (to inform you via job alerts about new job openings);
• for talent pool purpose (to find, contact and hire the best candidates for future job openings);
• to manage your account on our Workday career website;
• to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
• to enter into employment relationship with successful candidate.
4.2. On What Legal Grounds Do We Process Your Data?
In order to process your personal data, we may rely on different legal grounds, including:
The necessity to pursue our legitimate interests:
• We rely on legitimate interests when we process your personal data for the recruitment purpose (to find and hire the best candidate for a job opening), to administer and generally conduct business within the Company, to survey on candidate experience and to manage your account on our Workday career website. We also rely on legitimate interest when we process your personal data for the talent pool purpose (to find, contact and hire the best candidates for future job openings). When we rely on legitimate interests, you can always object to such processing of your personal data by contacting the Sportradar Privacy Office at [email protected].
• We rely on your consent when we process your personal data for recruitment marketing (to inform you via job alerts about new job openings). You may withdraw your consent at any time and if you would like to do so, please contact Sportradar Group Privacy Office at [email protected].
The necessity for us to comply with legal obligations and to exercise or defend ourselves from legal claims:
• In some cases, we may process your personal data in order to ensure that we comply with applicable laws and regulations, e.g. we may be subject to notification obligations or we have to retain your data for a certain period of time stipulated by law.
The necessity to establish a contractual relationship with you:
• We may process your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you and to perform our obligations under the concerned contract.
4.3. Automated Decision-Making:
You will not be subject to decisions that will have significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
5. When Do We Transfer Your Personal Data?
5.1. We may transfer your personal data to trusted third-parties located outside of the country of collection. We may disclose your personal data to Sportradar Group affiliates and subsidiaries located outside of the country of collection.
5.2. When transferring your personal data collected within the EU/EEA to a third-party located outside of the EU/EEA or in countries which do not provide the same standard of personal data protection, we have put in place adequate measures to protect your data, such as organizational and legal measures (including the EU Model Contract Clauses) to ensure the protection of the personal data. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting the Sportradar Privacy Office at [email protected].
6. How Do We Secure Your Data?
6.1. Sportradar Group has implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk involved in order to protect your personal data against a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, your personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
6.2. Sportradar Group employees are required to keep personal data confidential. Sportradar Group employees will only transfer your personal data to third parties as described in Section 5 of this Notice.
7. How Long Is My Data Kept?
7.1. In case you are a successful candidate and you decide to accept our offer of employment, we will retain any relevant personal data collected during the recruitment process for the duration of the employment relationship. After the termination of the employment relationship, we will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to comply with legal obligations under the applicable laws and regulations and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
7.2. In case you are an unsuccessful candidate, we keep your personal data on file for twelve months after your registration on our Workday career website for the purposes mentioned in the section 4.1. Please note that for purposes where we rely on our legitimate interests as stated in the section 4.2., you can always object to such processing of your personal data by contacting the Sportradar Privacy Office at [email protected].
8. What are my rights?
8.1. Once you have provided us with your personal data, you may request to exercise your rights under applicable laws and regulations, e.g. right of access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, data portability and objection insofar as the conditions for the exercise of these rights provided under applicable laws and regulations are met.
8.2. For your protection, Sportradar Group may need to verify your identity before responding to your request.
9. Notice Changes
9.1. Sportradar Group reserves the right, at its discretion, to update, change, modify, add or amend this Notice.
10.1. Should you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data or should you wish to exercise a right as provided in Section 8 of this Notice, please contact Sportradar Group Privacy Office at [email protected] or via this form.